Thursday, January 24, 2013

Workin' on Fluency!

Today the students had a chance to show off their fluency skills. Each took a section of their current novel and recorded their voice using Audacity. If you are unfamiliar with Audcacity, click here. For ways to use it in the classroom, click here. and here.
The students did a great job reading with expression. In addition, they also were asked to make comments on their classmates' recordings. I know they enjoy listening to one another!
Their recording have been posted on our Kidblog site. Click here to listen.

1 comment:

Bookworms said...

I love this idea! I am using edmodo a lot and am wondering if I should set up my own blog and not just rely on having students upload everything to their virtual backpack on edmodo. Suggestion? I did post some comments on a couple of the audio recordings. Great idea.