Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Reading Exchange!

Recently I contacted friend/colleague Erin Klein.  She is the author of Kleinspiration and also teaches second grade in Michigan.  I thought it would be a lot of fun to have our students collaborate in some way.  So, the two of us decided on a small reading project.  First, the students in my class created a podcast of themselves reading an excerpt from a picture book of their choice (By the way, they had more fun reading these books than any other this year!) We used Audacity to complete the podcasts.  Then, each student posted the audio to their blog.  Click here to listen in.
Mrs. Klein will now have her students listen to the podcasts and create a picture based on what they hear.  She will be discussing the concept of imagery with them.  My students and I are waiting in anticipation to see what the second grade students create!

1 comment:

J. Bogacki said...

Great idea!! I am getting ready to start using Audacity so that my students can create podcasts, so this is inspiring!