Monday, February 14, 2011

Skype Session Successful!

On Friday, February 11th at approximately 10:00 a.m. our class had the pleasure of having a Skype session with a class in Garnder, KS.  Our 25 minute session revolved around a debate about Athens and Sparta.  The students at Pioneer Ridge Middle School, and their teacher Mr. Ferrell, were fun to talk to.  We really enjoyed the experience and will make plans to do it again soon!  Click here to learn more about Pioneer Ridge Middle School.  Below are some pictures of the session, and a map showing where Pioneer Ridge Middle School is located.






3 comments:

Sandie said...

I was so excited to see that your classroom had the opportunity to Skype with another school! I was wondering how the debate turned out. What aspects of Sparta and Athens did you debate about? I am hoping to observe your next conversation. Let me know when it is coming up.
Mrs. Carter

Adrielle said...

WOOW! That must have been fun skyping with another school! I would want to try that some day! Anyways check out my classmates and I BLOG! We are fifth graders and hope a lot of people would see our work visit http://classifyingelements253.wordpress.com/ everyday and tell other people about the blog please!

Emma said...

I liked this I hope we get to do it again. I also had the opproutunity to Skype with people helped to bring the water back. I loved these learning experiences.