Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ancient Egypt, Mummies, and Canopic Jars

In social studies we are currently talking about ancient Egypt. A topic discussed the other day revolved around ancient Egyptians religious beliefs and mummification. We watched an awesome clay-mation video on   explaining the process. In addition we discussed how the process involved placing the organs of the person being mummified into canopic jars. I have invited the student to make their own canopic jars as extra credit, which will be due next week Wednesday (see pictures below). Click on  to access the directions.

2 comments:

Wm Chamberlain said...

First, I like how you are using the blog. It is very similar to mine. (Great minds ;) This particular post is pretty interesting since I had never seen an assignment for recreating the canopic jars. What a great Holloween preview!

Second, embetit.in is awesome! I had not seen it before, but what a great service. This is definitely something I will incorporate into my blog. Thanks>

Mr. C
Noel Elementary
NoelTigers.com

Emma said...

Mine turned out cool and I had a good time making it.